Drive Engineering Corp (Blue Bell, PA) is currently looking for a self-motivated, professional, Compliance Officer to provide MBE/DBE compliance support for the MAA Office of Fair Practices at BWI Airport.
The duties will include but may not be limited to:
- On-site contract and regulatory compliance support services
- Scheduled and unscheduled on-site DBE/MBE/VSBE/SBR contractor compliance reviews, off-site audits, preparation of regulatory compliance progress reports, etc.
- The Office of Fair Practices currently· monitors approximately 250 contracts, including architectural, engineering, maintenance, services, and construction contracts. The number MBE/DBE subcontractors on each contract varies.
- MBE/DBE Compliance Officer Requirements
- Prior experience as a Maryland Aviation Administration MBE/DBE Compliance Officer is highly desirable.
- Experience with all applicable aspects of the Maryland Aviation Administration MBE/DBE Program requirements for monitoring and documenting contract compliance.
- Experience monitoring MBE/DBE contract goals, compliance with state and federal program guidance, laws, and regulations.
- Experience attending Pre-Bid and Pre-Work Meetings, performing MBE/DBE analysis of bidders' contract/task MBE/DBE documents, accessing MBE/DBE Compliance Systems (PRISM/iFMIS/FMIS), performing Commercially Useful Function (CUF) reviews at the project-site and administrative reviews which are required for all state and federally funded contracts.
- Experience conducting reviews in accordance with the state Code of Maryland Regulations (COMAR) Title 21 and the federal Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 49, Part 26, as well as, the Maryland Department of Transportation (MDOT) Minority and Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Program requirements as well as to perform Final Assessments on contracts/tasks.
- Experience performing manual and electronic payment validation in MBE/DBE Compliance Systems (PRISM/iFMIS/FMIS) and analysis of payment information from prime contractors to subcontractors to ensure prompt payment to MBE/DBE subcontractors in accordance with COMAR Title 21 and the CFR 49, Part 26.
- Experience performing file audits and manual reviews of contract files to ensure all procurement and payment information is reviewed and verified for completeness.
Typical responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Attending pre-bid and pre-work meetings
- Travelling tthe project site
- Reviewing the Construction Inspector's Daily Reports
- Completing the CUF checklist
- Taking pictures of MBE/DBE subcontractors performing work
- Interviewing on-site MBE/DBE subcontractors
- Noting subcontractor equipment on site
- Witnessing work being performed by the MBE/DBE subcontractors, non-minority subcontractors and prime contractor and comparing this information tthe description submitted tMAA
- Analysis of accounts payable/receivables, invoices, certified payroll, workforce rosters, trucking tickets pertaining tthe specific projects
- Completion of a final CUP report for each subcontractor
- Project-site reviews may be conducted at all times (day, night, weekend and holidays) depending on the project work schedule
Work will be performed in an airport office and construction sites. Driving, walking, bending, climbing, stooping, kneeling, lifting up to 75lbs may be required.
The Compliance Officer will provide support under the direction of the Office of Fair Practices Director and Manager MBE/DBE Programs.
MAA will provide office space to the Compliance Officer staff.
It is the policy of Drive Engineering Corp. to provide equal opportunity for qualified persons and not to discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Drive Engineering Corp. is an affirmative action employer. If you require accommodation during the application process, please contact Leslie Kleskie at 484-845-5966.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $63,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Work Location: One location