It is the policy of Drive Engineering Corp. to comply and cooperate to the fullest extent with all applicable regulations of the Equal Employment Opportunity Provisions of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Executive Order 11246, the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. 793), the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of June 26, 1990 and the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act of 1972, all as amended. This policy pertains, as far as the responsibility of Drive Engineering Corp. is concerned, to any arrangement under which employees, including trainees, are selected for work.
It is the policy of Drive Engineering Corp. not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, national origin, and disabilities or Vietnam Era and Special Disabled Veterans status.
Drive Engineering Corp. will take affirmative action to assure an equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons, and that employees are treated equally during employment without regard to their race, religion, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, national origin, and disabilities or Vietnam Era and Special Disabled Veteran’s status. Such action shall include but not be limited to:
1. Employment, promoting, demotion, or transfer
2. Recruitment and recruitment advertising
3. Layoff or termination
4. Rate of pay or other forms of compensation
5. Selection for training, including apprenticeship, pre-apprenticeship and/or on- the-job training
Work Location: Blue Bell, PA
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Drive Engineering is currently seeking a highly motivated Civil Engineer with 5-10 years of highway design experience. This individual will primarily perform varying tasks related to highway design and traffic engineering associated with roadway construction projects and highway occupancy permit projects with the opportunity to move on to larger regional transportation projects..
Primary job responsibilities will include plan development, design calculations, field surveys, construction services, and technical writing related to various aspects of civil engineering on various highway projects.
Education and Experience:
· BS Degree in Civil Engineering is required
· MS Degree in Civil Engineering with a focus on transportation engineering is preferred
· PE Certification Required
· Experience with AutoCAD and/or MicroStation
· Familiarity with PennDOT publications and standards, MUTCD, and AASHTO guidelines
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Excellent time management and technical communication/writing skills
· Self-motivated with ability to prioritize tasks and complete work on time with minimal supervision
· Team player with excellent interpersonal and relational skills
· Outstanding attention to detail
· Persevering with ability to overcome challenges
As a small and growing firm, Drive Engineering is committed to investing in the professional development of our staff. We are looking for key project staff members to work closely with public clients and prime contractors. The position is an opportunity to be in a cutting-edge field within an expanding company
Drive Engineering Corp.
595 Skippack Pike, Suite 400, Blue Bell, PA 19422 | 3211 N. Front Street, Suite 103, Harrisburg, PA 17110
© Drive Engineering Corp. 2020